10/21/08

Ethan and Laura Cole Married 10-18-08

This summer and fall were amazing and busy!! So busy...I forgot to write in the blog! However, I am changing my ways as I really see what a unique tool it will be to share what is happening with Black Bird Photography and all the amazing people that let me photograph them!!

This weekend I had an especially special wedding to photograph! Ethan Cole and Laura Maki's! They had a beautiful ceremony on her Grandmother Jean's farm followed by a reception at Giants Ridge. The ceremony was magical as the sun came out right as the wedding began lighting up the field while Laura and Ethan said their vows to each other. Delia (the couples dog) also decided to add her own testimonial and to end the ceremony their friend and officiant sang an Ojibwa song. Truly a wedding as amazing and unique as Ethan and Laura.

About a month ago we had a fun engagement shoot down at Park Point and Canal Park!






Than the WEDDDING!!!






The reception at Giants Ridge followed the wedding! The lodge was beautifully decorated, the food was wonderful and Ethan and Laura's family and friends seemed to really enjoy the evening. The Maki's also have a family tradition that I hadn't seen before! All I can say is if the song Wipe Out is played...you better get out of the way!!






Thanks Ethan and Laura!!!

2 comments:

Julius bergh said...

Nice wedding pictures.

Lissa said...

Wow, Kristi, you are amazing! You captured some incredible moments and the colors are gorgeous. I can't wait to see the rest of the pics. It was really fun to meet you and party down with you too! Lissa (Laura's sista)